About Survivorship A to Z
Our Unique Mission: To provide the practical, financial and legal information you need to thrive in the "new normal" that exists after a life-changing diagnosis. Our information is modified when appropriate to specific conditions such as Cancer or HIV/AIDS, and can be tailored for your life and situation through an Individual Action Plan.
Choose the help you need:
- Get the practical information you need for all parts of your life impacted by your diagnosis in whatever depth you want - including downloadable forms.
- Personalize information to your disease, stage, social and economic situation with a free, one-of-a-kind Survivorship A to Z Individualized Guide. Your plan is computer-generated. It changes as your health, economic or personal situation changes.
- Start your own personal Symptoms Diary to keep track of your symptoms. With a touch of a button, you receive an instantly readable graph to show your doctor.
- Use our Health Plan Evaluator to help choose the health insurance policy that's best for you considering your health condition and your particular needs. If you are Uninsured, learn how to get the care you need - and how to obtain health insurance.
- Use our interactive charts to help maximize your financial situation. Health expenses account for over 50% of bankruptcies - including people with insurance.
Survivorship A - Z is a non-profit organization. We are adding content onto the site on a continuing basis. We encourage you to help us complete our mission and keep the site as up-to-date as possible.
- Let us know about any experts you know who would be willing to help. See Participate.
- Tell us what information or features you'd like added. See Contact Us.
- Make a tax deductible donation. See Donate.
Grants from Johns Hopkins and the City of New York, as well as donations from individuals and foundations, permitted full time work on the site to start in March 2006. A batch of volunteers stepped to the plate to help. They are mentioned by name on our Thank You pages. The site wouldn't exist without their unflagging efforts. We are very grateful to each and every one of them.
We depend on donations of time and money from people like you. We hope that you will give generously to help us provide unbiased, objective information; to complete our existing content; to add laws and resources for each state; to cover additional practical subjects as they're identified; to keep our information current, and to personalize our site even more.
Meet our founder and Managing Editor: David S. Landay, Esq.
This site was dedicated In Memory of David E. Hankermeyer, November 12, 2007.
Official Launch Date: June 9, 2008