How To Shop For A Bra After Treatment Or Because Of A Body Change
If you have had a change in your breasts because of your health condition or because of a treatment such as a lumpectomy or a mastecdomy, people don't have to know if you get the right style and fitting bra.
Before you shop, check your insurance to see if it covers bras, and, if so, to what extent.
When you shop for a bra:
- There are experts who can help. Check nearby department stores and pharmacies which generally provide this service free of charge.
- It also helps to have a friend with you to help relieve anxiety, help you make the right choice, and help turn shopping into a positive experience.
- If you had a mastectomy:
- Make sure that the prosthesis fits properly in the bra in order to give you the proper shape, and that it is comfortable.
- You don't have to be limited to mastectomy bras which have a pocket on them. You can have a pocket sewn on.
- Lisa Cole, a mastectomy expert, has been quoted as recommending that you buy at least one sexy, lacy bra. She says it will help make you feel feminine and beautiful from within.