Home Page Redesign
Initial Thoughts For Redesign Of Home Page: Survivorship A to Z, Inc. 02.20.09
The immediate problem:
Current page does not instantly highlight the following two main features of the site:
- Individual Action Plan (name to be changed to "Personalized Survivorship Guide"). This computer generated feature provides a unique report about ALL aspects of the individual's life which are affected by the particular diagnosis (and stage). (To see a sample, log in as testcancer at aol dot com, password: pearls)
- The breadth and depth of information. For instance, the pull down topics list is seldom noticed (You'll see it in the top right of the home page)
Our current thoughts, subject to design input:
- Keep header, borders and navigation as is. Keep logo (though it can be moved)
- Change resolution to 1024 x 768 to provide more room
- Highlight the content that people come to the site to find
- Highlight the Personalized Survivorship Guide
- Less important, but also highlight the interactive Survivorship Tools (you can see the tools via the left navigation bar of the home page)
- Make the Good Morning America interview more prominent
- Include a box for changing content to highlight. For example, a section titled: "Did You Know....?
- Possibly include a video which we can change periodically (You can access videos via the upper right side of the home page)
- All boxes should be in template form so we can change wording .
- The design has to work with current navigation and fit with the sub pages.
- Consider redesign, starting with logo, and going through all design elements.
Get Your Personal Guide