Alternatives To A Prescribed Drug
Alternatives to a prescribed drug may accomplish the same purpose, while saving money.
Alternatives to consider are:
- Less expensive drugs which will accomplish the same thing, which can be:
- A different medication which delivers the same benefit or
- The same medication, but in a different form. For example, Proscar contains 5 mg of finasteride compared to only 1 mg in Propecia. By using a pill cutter, (available in local pharmacies), you have Propecia by buying Proscar, and getting the medication you need at a fraction of the price.
- Generic versions - the same drug, but without the brand. (For more information, see Generic Drugs.)
- Older versions. (For more information, see Older Versions.)
- Over-the-counter drugs. (For more information, see Over-The Counter Drugs.)
- Different therapies that may do the same thing as a drug.
Get Your Personal Guide