Estate planning is about accumulating and disposing of your assets.
Estate planning includes planning in case you become unable to speak for yourself, either temporarily or permanently:
- To keep your financial affairs on track.
- To assure that you receive the medical care you want, and don't receive the medical care you don't want.
At the least, make sure:
- You have executed healthcare advance directives
- You have a valid will that cannot be challenged because of your health at the time you execute it
- That you name a guardian for any minor children
- That important papers can be located easily
- That passwords for online accounts are accessible
- That you have arrangements in place to take care of pets immediately upon your demise and thereafter
To learn more about the subjects of interest to you, please see the other sections of this article.
To Learn More