You are here: Home Planning Ahead Personal ... What If I Want To Change ...
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Personal Representative/Executor

What If I Want To Change My Choice Of Personal Representative?

Next » « Previous


If you want to change your designated Personal Representative, you'll need to amend (change) your Will.

Be sure to have the amendment executed with the same formality as the Will was executed. To learn more, see Writing Your Will and How To Make Your Will Challenge Proof.

Make it clear in the amendment whether it overrides everything in the original Will or only a particular part of it -- and if so, which part. For more information on writing a will, see Writing Your Will.

If You Are An Attorney Or Have An Attorney Who Is Willing To Share Information

Please provide information relating to the content of this article particular to your state. For instance:

  • Is the person who administers an estate called an executor or personal representative or….?
  • Are bonds required? When are they waived?
  • Changes to the information in this article to make this article more relevant to residents of your state (for example, the name of the overseeing court).
  • Other facts that are unique to your state.

Please send your suggestions, with citations, to dlanday at survivorshipatoz dot org.

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.