You are here: Home Finances Investments After ... If I Hire A Professional ...
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Investments After Diagnosis: An Overview

If I Hire A Professional Investment Advisor, What Type Should I Use?

Next » « Previous


There are two types of investment advisors: a financial planner and a person known as a Stockbroker, Financial Advisor or Investment Advisor (we'll refer to this person as a Stock Broker). In general:

  • Stockbrokers buy and sell stocks bonds, mutual funds and other securities on your behalf. They also provide investment advice in one form or another and other services. There are three types of stockbrokers: Discount Broker, Premium Discount Broker and Full Service Broker.
  • Financial planners survey and provide advice about your entire financial picture including investments, taxes and debt management. To learn more about financial planners, see: Financial Planners

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.