You are here: Home Day to Day Living Housing: Your ... If You Have A Complaint: ...
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Housing: Your Legal Rights

If You Have A Complaint: What You Can Do About It

« Previous


There are a batch of ways to enforce the Fair Housing Act.

  • File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. It's free. File a complaint at: File a complaint at: offsite link or at: Office of Program Compliance and Disability Rights, Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street, S.W., Room 5242, Washington, D.C. 20410. For more information, contact offsite link or 800.669.9777.
  • Check with your state to see if there is an agency which deals with housing discrimination.
  • File suit in federal court.
  • Contact the U.S. Attorney General who may file suit under the Fair Housing Act if there is a pattern of discrimination.

Low income families can get legal advice from National Legal Aid and Defender Organization: offsite link or call 202.452.0620.

To Learn More

More Information

How To Choose A Lawyer

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.