You are here: Home Insurance Travel Insurance ... Veterans
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Travel Insurance Post Diagnosis


« Previous


VA health care is not available outside the United States and the Philippines except for emergency care at European and Far East U.S. military bases for "service-connected" compensationers. Compensationers are those veterans who get VA checks for illnesses or injuries which began while on active duty.

Compensationers can have medical care from approved foreign sources covered by seeking advance permission for such coverage from the VA. Contact the Foreign and Insular Affairs Unit, Medical Administration, Veterans' Affairs Medical Center, 50 Irving Street, NW, Washington, DC 20422, Tel.: 202.745.8242. Numerous forms must be completed.

Non-compensationer veterans who already have VA patient identity cards have been known to receive care at emergency rooms of overseas U.S. military medical facilities because the clerical staff at overseas U. S. military medical facilities may not be up-to-date on the complex VA rules.

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.