You are here: Home Government ... Overpayment of ... Overpayment Form To Use
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Overpayment of Gov't Benefits

Overpayment Form To Use

« Previous


If Social Security claims you received an overpayment, you can repay it. If you disagree, you can request a Reconsideration. If you prefer not to repay the overpayment, you can request a waiver.

To request a waiver of an overpayment

Use Request for Waiver of Overpayment Recovery or Change in Repayment Rate, form (SSA-632-BK (4-91e.) For a copy of the form together with instructions and advice for completing it see offsite link.

If you disagree with Social Security's claim for an Overpayment

If Social Security claims that you have been overpaid, and you do not agree with the fact or the amount of the overpayment, you should complete form SSA-561-U2, Request for Reconsideration. You can find the form at offsite link.

If you disagree with either the fact or amount of an overpayment, and want a waiver if there was an Overpayment

File both requests by filing form SSA-561-U2 and SSA-632-BK offsite link.

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.