You are here: Home Finances Uninsured: How To ... Hill-Burton Act: ... What If I Have A ...
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Hill-Burton Act: Free or Low Cost Care

What If I Have A Complaint Against A Hill-Burton Facility?

« Previous


If you feel you were unfairly denied free care or reduced cost care, you may file a complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services.

A complaint:

  • Must be in writing.
  • Can be a letter that simply states the facts and dates concerning the complaint.
  • The complaint must include:
    • The name and address of the person making the complaint.
    • The name and location of the facility.
    • A statement of the actions that you consider violate the requirements of the Hill-Burton program.

Send your complaint by a means which provides proof of receipt such as via an overnight service or the U.S. Postal Service, Return Receipt Requested to:

                        Director, Division of Facilities Compliance and Recovery
                        5600 Fishers Lane, Room 10C-16
                        Rockville, MD 20857

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.