You are here: Home Government ... SSDI: ... Consultative ... You Can Request That ...
Information about all aspects of finances affected by a serious health condition. Includes income sources such as work, investments, and private and government disability programs, and expenses such as medical bills, and how to deal with financial problems.
Information about all aspects of health care from choosing a doctor and treatment, staying safe in a hospital, to end of life care. Includes how to obtain, choose and maximize health insurance policies.
Answers to your practical questions such as how to travel safely despite your health condition, how to avoid getting infected by a pet, and what to say or not say to an insurance company.

Consultative Examination

You Can Request That Your Own Doctor Conduct The Examination

Next » « Previous


You have the right to request that the Consultative Exam be conducted by your own physician. This is known as a Treating Physician Consultative Exam.

In fact, the Social Security's written policy is that your treating doctor should be considered to be the primary source of information about your condition. Because of this, you may be able to substitute your own doctor for the recommended doctor - at Social Security's expense. It is in your interest for an exam to be conducted by a doctor who has been treating you and knows you and your condition.  

Please share how this information is useful to you. 0 Comments


Post a Comment Have something to add to this topic? Contact Us.

Characters remaining:

  • Allowed markup: <a> <i> <b> <em> <u> <s> <strong> <code> <pre> <p>
    All other tags will be stripped.